If you’re the active sort then chances are a beach-side, relaxing stint in the beautiful city of Barcelona might not cut it. You want action and you want to feel a bit of heart-pumping, adrenaline-fuelled fun. This is absolutely possible in the city of Barcelona, where historical monuments and striking architecture sit beside the busy port and bustling streets. If you’re looking to relax then the beach is right on your doorstep, and if you’re looking to keep busy then there are activities and sports aplenty. Dive into Spanish culture while keeping your holiday experiences at a high!
Here are some ideas for fantastic, active things to do in Barcelona:
1. Try parasailing. As you’re staying right next to the sea you should make the most of the activities that can entail- and parasailing is a lot of fun. You’ll be harnessed in special equipment before being towed in the air behind a speedboat. The adventure and thrills are second to none. The special canopy resembles a parachute and if you’re with a group chances are none of them have tried it before, so it will give your trip an extra degree of kudos. Get great views of Barcelona as you speed through the sea air!
2. Climb the steps in the Sagrada Família. This Roman Catholic Church was designed by famous architect Antoni Gaudí and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. As well as being striking on the outside, the interiors are also breathtaking and a walk to the top of this magnificent building is well worth it. You’ll get to see the incredible architecture and sights from the top as well as getting active!
3. Get involved with a Spanish cookery class. Make your way around the kitchen with a class that will teach you the history and culture of some of Spain’s most famous dishes, including paella, tapas, gazpacho and sangria. Spanish cuisine tends to be heavily influenced by seafood from the waters readily available around the country. Once you’ve finished indulging in creating delicious dishes your energy is sure to be rewarded as you sit down to a feast!
4. Try a yacht charter. Although not strictly energetic, if you get involved with the running of the boat then you can mix gorgeous views of the coastline with some boat-driving energy. Learn to hoist the sails while the perfect picture opportunity is laid in front of you. Barcelona offers some of the best charter boats around and with this activity you’ll get to explore majestic boats while gliding past the stunning sights of Barcelona.
5. Do a salsa dancing lesson. Salsa is a dance with origins from the Cuban Son (circa 1920s) and provides the perfect opportunity for getting fit while having fun. You can learn both the normal, partner form of the dance as well as the line dance form “Salsa suelta”. Learn the basic moves and feel the rhythm and vibes take over your body!
There are five ideas for your trip to Barcelona, but the city is full of hidden gems to see and do so have an explore! Amble down La Rambla, take a picnic to Park Güell, feast on delicious Spanish food and discover all the famous museums and art galleries in the city! Whatever you decide to do, this cosmopolitan city has something for everyone.
This post is a guest post provided by the organiser of Hen Parties, GoHen.